CareerFunded Terms of Service
Payment for Campaign Creators
Upon completion of CareerFunded project, campaign creators will receive a report of sales, backer’s contact information, and transaction fees.
CareerFunded will retain 5% of gross sales made through the platform.
Campaign creators are responsible for transaction fees accrued through the sale of product / services on the platform. (Roughly 3% of gross sales on average.)
For campaigns that choose to sell merchandise, an additional $1 per unit sold (merchandise) will be retained by CareerFunded.com.
Campaign creators are responsible to provide an email address where CareerFunded.com will transfer the remaining funds (Roughly 92%) no more than 10 business days after the completion of the campaign.
You are responsible for any taxes you owe based on the payments you receive.
You can disable your account by request. We can disable it at our discretion.
You keep complete ownership of all content, but give us permission to use it on CareerFunded.com
CareerFunded is in no way responsible or liable for the delivery of service or products purchased or preordered through CareerFunded’s website(s).
By accessing the website at https://careerfunded.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
You must be at least 18 years old to register for an account, and to pay or accept money there are other requirements. You are responsible for your account.
You are responsible for all the activity on your account. If you do bad things we may terminate your account. For starters:
• Illegal Activities – Don’t break the law or encourage others to break the law.
• Abuse – Don’t harass or bully others, or promote violence or hatred towards others.
• Personal Information – Don’t distribute others’ personal information or otherwise abuse it. Creators with access to their patrons’ personal information should not use it for anything unrelated to CareerFunded.
• Fraud – Don’t post information that is false or otherwise misleading.
• Impersonation – Don’t impersonate anyone. Don’t use another’s account, or allow others to use your account.
• Username Squatting – Don’t create an account to prevent others from using the name or to sell the name.
• Intellectual Property – Don’t infringe on others’ intellectual property rights.
• Spam – Don’t spam others or distribute unsolicited advertising material.
• Malware – Don’t use CareerFunded to host or distribute, malicious or destructive software
You will indemnify us from all losses and liabilities, including legal fees, that arise from these terms or relate to your use of CareerFunded. We reserve the right to exclusive control over the defense of a claim covered by this clause. If we use this right then you will help us in our defense.
Your obligation to indemnify under this clause also applies to our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and third party service providers.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on CareerFunded’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on CareerFunded’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by CareerFunded at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on CareerFunded’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. CareerFunded makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, CareerFunded does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall CareerFunded or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on CareerFunded’s website, even if CareerFunded or a CareerFunded authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on CareerFunded website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. CareerFunded does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. CareerFunded may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However CareerFunded does not make any commitment to update the materials.
CareerFunded has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CareerFunded of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
CareerFunded may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Colorado and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
We don’t ask for your personal information unless we truly need it.
It is CareerFunded’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://careerfunded.com.
We may ask you for personal information, such as your name, email, address, contact details and payment details. We collect only the personal information relevant to providing you with a service, and use your information only to ensure the fulfilment of this service. You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services without this information.
We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with a service.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit so we can understand how you use our site and serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals on our websites – for example, analytics providers and content partners. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf, and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We take security seriously, and do what we can within commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data.
Links to Other Sites
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include user information among our assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.